Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Icecream Photo Box

**Today is the last day to sign up for my Photo Explosion Box Class!**

So, I finally found a few minutes to take some photos of my
Rockabilly Photo Explosion Box with the photos I added to it. As I mentioned before, I had decided to go with an icecream theme: more specifically, photos taken at our favorite icecream parlor: Leatherby's Family Creamery.

If you thought my box was cute before, just look at it now! Priceless! Yes, once you add your personal photos to a project, the completed item means so much more.

I made all the photos (which span over the last 4 1/2 years) black and white to help the project visually flow and so there wouldn't be any clashing with colors. Also, B&W really goes well with the colors of the box.

icecream box with photos 1 by you.



You'll notice that some of the sections don't have a photo. I added accents simply by punching out leftover scraps from the project with the scallop circle and other circle punches. (When I hold the class, I'll have my punches available so the class participants can do the same, if they like.) I'll probably add journaling to those sections later.





I haven't added photos to my Parisian Breeze box yet. I took my family out to a nice park last week and we got a ton of photos. I've almost finished narrowing them down. That box will be a little different from this one. 1) I'll be using color photos. 2) There won't be any panels left blank (I may even put a photo on the center square). When I finish it, I'll take pics to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment